Thursday, June 21, 2007

UVnation

I think the people who thought of the name for this event should have thought of a better one. More than once I had friends give me weird looks when I told them what I did in my 2 weeks back home. "What? urination?"

It was something like a large-scale clubbing event plus lotsa UV lamps like those you see in that glow-in-the-dark room thingy in Puzzle World. Very cool effect, especially if you wear white. :) Sorry, I left my physics behind along with the rest of my college knowledge so forgive me if I sound like a clueless bimbo. One whole level of the New Wing car park was converted to a dark but glowy ghetto dance arena. Hosted by Joey G, lotsa good music with DJs like Benny Benassi and a few others. Overall, it was a memorable and fun event. I haven't been out clubbing with my friends since... the last time I saw them! And it was good to see Erna again after so long... I can't remember the last time we went out together, girl! Hehe... though I'm not sure whether the whole thing was worth the ticket price. Quite ignorant about the clubbing scene too. But I do enjoy the occasional party with my dear friends. :P

L-R: Erna, Vee Han, Meng Lee, Andrew and me. The line into the entrance was so horribly long! Even though we already had tickets. People were queued in a packed line on the escalator all the way down 4 floors.

The whole place was bathed in glowy blue light and packed with people. The good thing bout having the event in a car park was that even though there were areas of dense crowds, there were some empty areas where you could escape to if you wanted a rest from the noise and sweat. :P And good thing the main arena was in the open-aired part of the car park. :P


Meng Lee hoisted me on his shoulders so I got a good view of the scene from above the crowd.

Meng Lee and me. :)

No comments: