Monday, April 20, 2009

The simple life

I survived the drive to Maitland! *phew* I still need a lot of practice on the road, though. Kena hon a couple of times while driving in the city. They were near misses at that too. -_-" Damnit I hate roundabouts! But once we were out of the city, the drive was pretty straightforward. Nice long country roads. The stretch heading towards the town via Arthurton and Kulpara was a bit bumpy.

Some hand-carved soap roses Xian-Nian got for me from his Mt. Kinabalu trip. It's amazing they survived the plane ride to Melbourne and Adelaide. Thanks Darling!

Eggs Benedict at a cafe in Norwood. Fuel for the journey.

Flat and brown all the way through. It's no wonder one friend told me to "be careful, don't fall asleep at the wheel".


Students' Accommodation on Samuel Street, Maitland. A nice cosy, 3-bedroom house with wireless internet. Alone in the middle of nowhere with no internet certainly won't work for me.





Somehow the printer doesn't work. And the bicycle wheels are flat. And the bicycle pump is broken.



A nice spacious backyard with an orange tree! I've always been fascinated by fruit trees (some weird obsession). Unfortunately the oranges aren't ripe. Plucked one and it was so hard and sour. *edit 28/4/2009 - the rain seemed to have plumped them up a bit. Lets hope they'll be ripe and ready to eat soon!*


There's also what looks like a garden shed in the backyard. Upon further investigation, we found remnants of a gruesome past....
Chicken coops!

...and bones!!

This looks like a scene out of an old Western-psycho-murder movie. I'm dreading the week when Xian-Nian won't be here with me.

No comments: