Monday, March 02, 2009

Singapore External Elective (part 2)

This is what happens when you dump me in a vibrant place like Singapore for a month. I'll take a gazillion photos and can't decide which to put up. Part 2 of the Great Photo Upload! Went to Sentosa Island with the other plastics elective students + a few others like Su Chuen (my IMU batchmate in Adelaide) and her boyfriend, Wen Hao. Also Valentin, a German med student on General Surgery. I loved just chilling by the beach with a Pina Colada in hand.... *sigh*. As most places in Singapore, Sentosa is very well maintained with lots of places to go to. The beach, as clean and spotless as it was, didn't quite impress me. I still yearn for Redang and Perhentian.

At one point, the elective students on plastic surgery consisted of 5 ppl: Sangeetha (Imperial College), Shilpa (also Imperial College), Mei (University College London), Felix (from Germany) and me. Head of Dept. will never remember our names as we are just students, so he referred to us as The United Nations. -_-"

At Chuen noticed, I spent A LOT of time in Chinatown. Mainly 'cos it was pre-CNY, and it felt good getting lost in the crowd there while absorbing the festive atmosphere. I've been deprived of CNY for about 2 years now (the full-6-years Aussie students have it worse I'm sure). So even if it meant half-suffocating in the crowd, it was good enough.

After my 2 weeks in plastics was up, I moved on to the Accident & Emergency Department. Was pleasantly surprised to meet Diyana there. Seems that heaps of Adelaide Uni ppl were doing their electives in SGH. Also met a bunch of college guys doing minor attachments there. Hari, Gabriel and... this other guy (I'm so sorry I can't remember your name!). Anyway there were some fun times. One of the ED consultants took us on a little field trip to the ACLS Center in Bukit Merah to sit in on the re-accreditation exams there. In the afternoon, we all hitched a ride at the back of a delivery van (belonging to the consultant's good friend). ^_^

There. I've babbled along enough. To be continued. :P Mouse over the photos to see the captions. Click if you want a larger view.


No comments: