Monday, August 20, 2007

Wish I was a manga artist + fashion designer...


First off, it's my mom's birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA! *Though I highly doubt you'll even read this* Love you lots, and miss you more every day! :) Lots of birthdays going on this month, my youngest sister's just passed on the 15th too.

Got an interesting schizophrenic patient on the ward who told me that in our first meeting that aliens have brain-washed me to think that I'm a girl when biologically, I'm actually a man. -_-". Now he thinks that I am an alien. And I'm out to poison him. He's getting better this week. But I doubt he'll ever stop believing in aliens.

It's quite depressing, really seeing the psych patients here. Some of them are so tormented and miserable due to their condition, most of the times there's little you can do for them. And it's not really their fault. In fact, any of us could have ended up like that. Only better fortune and upbringing decided otherwise. Makes me appreciate my family and social circumstances more.

When studying (insert subject/rotation here) you get:

Cardiovascular System : Palpitations
Respiratory : Dyspnoea
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal Pain + diarrhoea
Renal: Nocturia
Orthopedics/Rheumatology : Arthralgia + worsening hallux valgus

So now... 3rd week into Psychiatry, I think I'm getting OCD. Or maybe developing some psychosis. I keep hearing things outside my balcony at night (screamed in one incident 'cos I thought someone was trying to break in). And last night I got out of bed 3-4 times just to check whether the tap was not dripping, the lights downstairs were turned off, whether I set my alarm clock, lock the balcony door, lock the kitchen door etc etc etc...

And I'm having my near-nightly weird dreams again. Which is good 'cos I usually enjoy my weird dreams 'cos it's like watching a movie in your head but only you're part of the movie and it isn't really a movie 'cos you subconsciously determine how the story goes and it's all in your head anyway....

2 nights ago I dreamt I could turn into this scary kick-ass blue dragon and the world was in utter chaos and my dragon blood had some super-healing properties so basically everyone was out to shoot me and drain every drop of my blood. Could still remember flying over some God-knows where city. Quite cool actually. Didn't want to wake up. :P

So there. Do you think I'm going mad?

More updates and photos as soon as my home internet is up. And those are (in chronological order):

1. Halfway Dinner (that was ages ago)
2. Dinner with Jane
3. Ken's 'surprise' birthday dinner (which he kinda spoilt it for himself)
4. Christine's birthday celebration at Chocolate Bean

Okie better stop wasting time and go prepare for a tutorial...

No comments: