Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Photo explosion: Victor Harbour

I really should be studying or at least appear to be doing something useful in the wards now. It's my second day in psychiatry. But the lure of the library computer is too much! Been deprived of internet for the past week, and probably will be for the week to come. Ken and I just shifted to our new place. *Breathes a sigh of relief* Thank goodness the worst is over. God there was so much luggage! And the new place is unfurnished, so we had to get everything (furniture, electrical appliances, down to the lowly toilet brush) ourselves. To make matters worse, all the furniture is to be self-assembled. I guess it's a good learning experience. Glad that most of the things are done and all's left are some loose ends and miscellaneous errands to run. I like my new place. It's a townhouse in the eastern suburbs, pretty near to the Royal Adelaide Hospital. My room has a nice balcony and a lovely view of the trees outside and during the day, the air is filled with the sounds of birds. That day I just sat there staring at the huge tree outside for ages. Seeing it's multitude of leaves swaying gently in the wind and listening to the orchestra of birds was so therapeutic. :)

Last Friday the IMU students attended a Med school social event for the very first time. :P The Halfway Dinner was absolutely great. Will put up pics of that as soon as I get the rest of the photos.

Ok la. I'd better keep this short as I've got a lecture in 20 minutes. So much for being a hardworking and enthusiastic med student.

Here are the long-delayed photos of the trip to Victor Harbour with Ming Lei, Craig and Ken. Enjoy!





L-R: Ming Lei, Craig, Ken and me



One huge ass horse. :P

And the biggest seagull I've ever seen.


The bridge to Granite Island.
















Another weird Aussie delicacy: dried banana. Tastes good, though. It's a lot stronger than the fresh ones.






Can you see the seal? :P









After dinner, Craig took us to this place in his hometown, Horseshoe Bay.





The fruits of Ming Lei's quest! These are frog cakes, superbly sweet, compact but utterly delicious pastries we found in a bakery on the way to Victor Harbour. Ming Lei was hell bent of finding one of these things.:P

2 comments:

Steve said...

That seriously loos like New Zealand

Alexis said...

Well that's Adelaide for you. :P I'm sure NZ is a lot prettier. Land of LOTR leh.. Is it true that there's more sheep there than ppl?