Sunday, May 18, 2008

Instant rejuvenation

Am into my 3rd and last internship for paediatrics: orthopedic surgery. Don't feel like going in this week. My OSCEs are in 10 days and I still haven't covered what I need!

Anyway... orthopedics. Lots of fracture clinics. Since starting ortho I feel like a little girl again. On the first day I was watching some surgery with the consultant and registrar. One of the registrars turned to me and asked: "So... what do you want to be when you grow up?" No one has asked me that question in like, 10 years! That's 'cos I'm technically 'grown up' already... Obviously he meant what specialty I'm interested in, but it certainly sounded like something you'd ask the primary school kid to write a karangan about...

Ooo but it doesn't stop there... 2 days later, in fracture clinic sitting in with another registrar:

Mum and 12 year-old daughter come in for review. 1 week post-injury. Salter Harris 2 fracture of distal radius which was treated with closed reduction and cast...
*Registrar does the usual consult stuff, etc etc*

Reg: OK we're done. Come back at this date to remove the cast.
Mum: Thank you, doctor! *she and daughter get up*
LH: *Opens door for Mum & patient* Thank you. =)
Mum: *comes up real close to me, smiles and......

......TICKLES UNDER MY CHIN!!* "SO CUTEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" *GIGGLE*

I was like!!! -_-" but smiled back politely la. In retrospect, I feel very flattered. :P

Wah. After that incident, I instantly felt 20 years younger. Don't need any anti-wrinkle cream/SKII Facial Mask/whatever elixir of youth already.

No comments: