Monday, April 24, 2006

Quiksilver Revolution Tour gave me tinnitus

Hmm hmmm where should I start...

My ears are ringing, no thanks to yesterday's ridiculously loud music. It didn't seem loud yesterday, but when I came home to the silence of my apartment, I realised...wow. The music was freaking loud. It's been more than 24 hours since the event, but the tinnitus is still there. It's starting to worry me. Not to mention that it's plain annoying to constantly hear something ringing in your head. Closing my ears only makes it louder. Am trying to mask the ringing with some white noise... The sound of the my stand fan helps. Hope this won't end up as a permanent thing...:(

1. MSK ends, Central Nervous System (CNS) begins. I have a feeling it's gonna be a whole lot tougher that MSK... The anatomy classes so far were...confusing. With our current workload, it's hard to find anytime to slot in revision sessions.

2. Last week, one of our anatomy teachers taught us the formation of the medulla oblongata using a long cream bun. He actually bought a cream bun from the downstairs Pak Cik's stall and folded it up in front of us. Gotta compliment him for his creativity. I'll never look at a cream bun the same way again..:P:P

3. Watched scary movie 4 with Andrew, Vee Han and Calvin. Total crap. But at least it was meant to be stupid funny, unlike another movie I know...

K. Now the main topic of this post.

Yesterday was one of the most fun days I had in a long, long time. Went to the Quiksilver Revolution Tour at Sunway Lagoon with Andrew, Vee Han and my two sisters. We were lucky enough to get tickets at the last minute. There were surf and skating demos going on but we didn't get to see those. We got to see Pop Shuvit perform instead. Apparently, the stage where Click Five was supposed to perform was situated at the wave pool (correct me if I'm wrong, cos in the end we never got to see Click Five perform. Left early for Calvin's house). So during the evening the pool was packed with people dancing to the music and just having a good time. We, on the other hand, didn't bring our swim suits... I was wearing cargo pants, while the guys were in shirts and jeans. Dancing on dry land didn't give as much kick, not to mention that it was weird (but at that point of time, we couldn't care less). The three of us were the only people on land dancing... Some guy even started taking videos of us. o_0 The people in the water were having so much fun, takkan we just stand there and watch them party right? So in the end, cannot tahan already, we just went into the water, jeans and all, and joined the fun! That was definitely the craziest thing we've done in a long while! Thank God Andrew and Vee Han managed to persuade me to get into the pool!

Actually, I feel bad for my sisters... They came later at night, and all they could do was sit by the pool area.. My youngest sister started feeling sick, and further more, they didn't even get to see any performances because we had to leave early (Yi Lynn was feeling feverish, the loud booming music didn't help either). *sigh* Hope they'll enjoy themselves more the next time around.

After dropping off my sisters and cleaning up, we proceeded to Calvin's place for a delicious BBQ dinner. The BBQ was fantastic! Maybe we were a little biased, having burnt off so much energy dancing and not eating anything for 8 hours... But nevertheless Cal and his family did a great job preparing the stuff. That chill out session was just what we needed to wrap up our day.:)

Tinnitus aside, I'm really glad that we got to spend some quality time together. All of us are now in different courses/batches, so it's hard to meet up. And in the coming hectic months, I doubt we'll be able to do this again anytime soon. Time really flies, it's been 7 years since I met Andrew and Vee Han, and more than 13 years since I met Calvin. I remember the times in secondary school, during prefects... so many countless memories. There were dark times too, but in the end, real friends learn to forgive and accept. We've come a long way, and I hope that our paths will never stray far. This goes for the whole group. Andrew, Vee Han, Calvin, Seng Kiat, Meng Lee, Ching Ee, Shiau Wei, Diyana, Christine... thanks for showing me the true meaning of friendship.




Pop Shuvit! I must say that our local music industry has improved greatly. :)

Some lovely limestone formations on display in the theme park.

Vee Han + Buddha.

A tribute to the two skankiest guy friends I'll ever have! :P

Cam whores.

My sisters and I.

Night view of Sunway Hotel and theme park.

And this... was cooked by the gang, for yours truly. Slightly burnt, but wonderfully delicious. After all, wet, half-starved beggars can't be choosers...

4 comments:

lupdup said...

gosh! the pic with u in the middle and ur 2 guy friends by the side bears a strong resemblance to a movie poster!

check it out urself! ;)

http://a107.ncu.edu.tw/event/movie/051101/images/y-tu-mama-tambien-p-g.jpg

Alexis said...

Hahaha...!

A lusty erotic Mexican film eh? Didn't know it existed till you told me.:P Yeah, the positions are very similar, but I guess our facial expressions are slightly different. Have you watched the film before?:P

lupdup said...

haha, well, it's 'sexy' actually hehe. it's quite intelligent and have a lot of emotional depth for an... er, erotic movie. generate quite some buzz when it was out back then in 2001, including the Oscars.

Alexis said...

I see... Cool. Will try and watch it if I can.:)