Saturday, October 03, 2009

O-M-G!!!!! Please don't die, blog! *commences CPR*

This goes to show what a lazy year it's been. So lazy that I've left my blog to rot yet again. Well, if it makes any difference Dear Readers, The past couple of months have been jam-packed with events! It seems that as I reach the end of my student life, things start to get more vibrant and exciting. So many celebrations, so little time. Things that happened since my last update:

1. Spent an awesome month with Vee Han in Adelaide. Seriously, your visit was the highlight of my year. If only If only I had a less hectic rotation at that time. I'd have ran away from hospital and gladly frolicked around Adelaide with you. More pictures of Vee Han's Adelaide Trip soon.

2. Parties and dinners galore! Since getting a car and the start of my final semester, I've been to so many new places in Adelaide. I think it's the combination of friends saying their farewells before they leave for work interstate/overseas and last-minute attempts to enjoy freedom before we all become slaves to the hospital.

3. Med Ball at the Stamford Grand Hotel in Glenelg. My first and last med ball. The theme was Masquerade, so everyone came with masks. It started off rather unpleasantly: we came late and discovered there were no more tables left! So WTF right. There should have been reserved tables for 6th years. Spent an hour or so wandering around the ballroom finding spare seats. The food was only so-so (teeny tiny portions) but at least the alcohol was free-flow... It turned out to be a fun night in the end, but was a little disappointed considering the ticket was worth AUD112.50.

4. Went to the Royal Adelaide Show for the first time! Absolutely fantastic day. Good company, cool sights and sounds, heaps of fun stuff. I felt like a kid again. More photos to come on that too.

5. I GOT MY INTERNSHIP CONTRACT!!!!!!! Starting January 2010, I will be working in the Lyell McEwin Hospital. Now all I have to do is to get my act together and start filling up all those forms!! Arghhhhhhh so many things to do, so little time!

6. Specials Week a.k.a. The Week Where Everyone Slacks Off and Parties. There were some really good lectures on ENT and Opthalmology, but a big chunk of the other stuff could have been condensed into perhaps....one afternoon? Seriously, things like HAND WASHING and PATIENT LITERACY shouldn't take up the entire day. -_-" Anyhow, spent some quality time with Jebbrine, Su Chuen, Cynthia and Jason that week. Had a picnic by the Torrens River, various dinners and trips to dessert places/bars. Seems that the medical students and some doctors favor this particular lounge/club in the city... the med students seem to be adjourning to that place every other weekend. I'm not complaining though. The music is not bad and there's no entry fee.

7. Went to a Lantern Festival Event in Elder Park with Jebbrine, Cynthia and Jason today. Interesting Chinese Martial Arts performances, and a lantern parade. The lanterns were a tad disappointing.... I mean, there were a few nice ones and some were made by primary school kids but a few of them....I would describe them as "TAK BOLEH PAKAI". You'll understand why when you see the photos.

Damn, so many photos to put up right? I find it so much easier to put them on Facebook, but I don't want my blog to 'feel neglected'. I shall strive to bring you back to life, Blog! You shall flourish like a lotus from the mud!!!

*Hmm.. I think the scented candles must have muddled my brain a little.*

No comments: