Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Acer strikes again

I have no idea how this happened.

I was happily sitting in front of my laptop last week. Was done with using it and decided to turn it off. I shut down windows and proceeded to close my laptop when

*KRAKKK*~~

My laptop suffered a pathological fracture. One of monitor hinges broke. The casing opened up and I could see the little circuits inside. How on earth does that happen??? Not like I was using immense strength to slam the thing shut or something. I didn't dare lift the laptop off the table lest the other hinge broke and the enitre monitor fell apart. And any repairs would surely be costly and getting a new laptop even costlier (everything here is $X3 mahh...).

So.... I did the next best thing. The following day, I squeezed the casing back into place and taped it shut with some Transpore (good ol' hospital wound tape).

As Wee Jie aptly described, it's just another case of Aceritis. *Sigh* At least the laptop is still working... Thank God for that. *Must stay positive*

No comments: