Friday, September 30, 2005

Nonsense post

There's this cat that keeps dropping its faeces in the hallway leading to my parents' apartment. The first day, there was one watery brown glob (I think the cat had diarrhoea), the next day there were two. And after the cleaner wiped the whole mess up, another one appeared at the exact spot where the first one was (the third one looked more solid). Has someone been training his cat to plant its shit strategically by our front door, or has the cat spontaneously taken a liking for that particular area of tiled floor?

IMU had a blood donation campaign a few days back. Tried to donate blood on Tuesday and failed. According to the doctor, my blood pressure was too low (90/80) she suggested trying again tomorrow. Came back the next day and my blood pressure was even lower (90/60). Apparently your blood pressure must be at least 110 systolic to donate. I must be naturally hypotensive. :P

Today's one and only lecture was cancelled because the lecturer was on MC. Today's PBL (problem-based learning) session was also pushed to another date, so I didn't have to go to uni today. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I hope the replacement lecture won't be scheduled at some inconvenient time like 8 in the morning...

I had more than half a dozen "wrong number" calls by 3 different people today. Some people can't seem to understand the concept of "wrong number". When you tell them that they've dialled the wrong number and that the person they're looking for doesn't own this phone, they'll call again in 2 minute's time. And they'll do that at least twice. *grr*

Yesterday my mom received my phone bill. It said that this month's bill was RM 1000++. What a shock for my mom. My phone bills are only around RM 30-40 per month, so that's like 25 times more than the usual amount! She went straight to Telekom to complain. Seems like there was something wrong with the computers, some people's bills were as high as RM 5000.00. My guess is, in order for a bill to reach that high, one must be talking on the phone for like what, 12 out of 24 hours in a day? (I dunno actually, didn't bother to count. If anyone is actually bored enough to try calculating, do let me know the exact figures...)

No comments: